How to Debug
In order to use the debugging functionality, make sure that you've included the non-minified version of the library - webix.js.
Main Features of Webix Debug
- Allows inspecting function arguments and some component settings and informs about improper configuration like undefined variables, syntax mistakes, etc. instead of some incomprehensible internal errors;
- In case data loading goes wrong, there will be a corresponding message with the information about the error;
- Debugging flags usage;
- Debugging menu for each component.
There are the following options you can enable for debugging:
- To enable event logging, use:
It is the best way to see what events are there.
- To get the log with info about current component sizes, apply:
Before version 6.0 the flags were enabled as:
webix.debug = true;
webix.debug_size = true;
Debugging menu is activated with a "Ctrl + right mouse click" combination on the needed component and offers a lot of debugging options:
Back to top
- look up into the documentation for this component;
- learn the component's dimensions;
- study the component hierarchy on the page;
- long links to the key features of the component, namely its JS and HTML object, configuration and data for the component.