The main screen can be roughly divided into 3 parts.
On the very left there is the main directory tree where you can browse through your folders or add new files and folders with the big button above.
The right side of the manager represents the contents of the current folder. Here you can interact with files via the context menu, navigate in a folder or go back to the parent one (by clicking "back to parent folder" or
via the breadcrumbs).
Double-click here behaves differently depending on the type of the file you click on:
If there is no action to perform with a file, the file will be downloaded.
You can also change the way the right screen looks by switching display modes.
The topbar is populated with the following controls:
File Manager offers 3 display modes:
Here you can open the file context menu by clicking on the 3 dots (opposite to the file name) or with regular right click on the file.
In this mode you are able to open two different folders and work with them simultaneously. You can also move files from one directory to another.
Basically, there are 2 ways to add files to your manager: create new files/folders or upload already existing ones.
You can create:
How to create a text file or a folder:
1) Click the "Add New" button
2) From the popup choose the option you need
3) Name the file/folder in the prompt window.
You can upload files like:
Make sure the file name DOES NOT start with a dot.
How to upload files and folders:
To upload a file, you should take the following steps:
1) Click on the "Add New" button.
2) Select the Upload file option in the dropdown menu.
3) In the dialog window, choose the file(s) you want to upload.
To upload a folder, you should take the following steps:
1) Click on the "Add New" button.
2) Select the "Upload folder" option in the dropdown menu.
3) In the dialog window, choose the folder(s) you want to upload.
You can also drag-n-drop files and folders right into File Manager.
In the preview section you can get information about file size, type, etc.
Select a file you want to get information about and click the "Preview" button on the top bar.
It is possible to copy and move files and folders in File Manager. If you want to move files/folders from one directory to another take the following steps:
1) Select file(s) you want to move and press the Ctrl + X shortcut or click the Cut option from the right click menu
2) Go to the folder you want to paste the file(s) in and press Ctrl + V or click the Paste option from the right click menu. You can also right click on an empty space inside the target folder and select the Paste option from the menu.
You can also move files via drag-n-drop which is an equivalent operation.
By analogy with moving files you can copy them:
1) Select the desired files/folders and press Ctrl + C shortcut or click the Copy option from the right click menu
2) Go to the folder you want to paste the file(s) in and press the Ctrl + V shortcut or click the Paste option from the right click menu of the folder. You can also right click on an empty space inside the target folder and select the Paste option from the menu.
Note, if you want to copy/move more than one file you should hold the Ctrl key down while selecting files. For range selection hold Shift.
To select all the files in the current directory use the Ctrl + A shortcut.
See the full list of hotkeys in File Manager.
To find desired file(s) just start typing the text in the search field on the top bar. You can focus the search bar by pressing the Ctrl + F shortcut.
You can perform all the available operations with the found files as well as open their location via the context menu or by pressing Ctrl + Alt + O.
To edit a text file double-click on it or select Edit option from the context menu. It will open the file in the dedicated editor.
To save the changes press Ctrl + S or click on the "Save" button above the text.
The yellow bulb on the button signalizes about unsaved changes in the file.
To rename a file open the right click menu of the file and choose the "Rename" option. In the prompt window type in a new name for the file. You can rename only one file at a time.
It is also possible to rename a file by selecting it and using the Ctrl + R shortcut.
To download a file from File Manager click on the Download option from the context menu of the file or press Ctrl + D:
You can also download a file from the preview panel
How to delete file(s):
1) Select all the necessary files/folders;
2) Open the right click menu and choose the "Delete" option or press the Del/Backspace key.
All the files will be deleted permanently.
Below you can find the list of hotkeys available in File Manager.
* Use Command for MacOS.
New hotkeys can be defined with the help of customization.Back to top