Smart Printing of Widgets
With Webix you have an ability to print widgets or parts of interfaces via compact and elegant API.
Please ensure that webix.css file is included for all media or at least contains media:print. No media will also do (see below)
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../../codebase/webix.css" type="text/css">
Printing abilities are available via the print() method shared among all Webix widgets.
The method takes as parameters:
- view (object|id) - the object or id of the view to print
- options (object) - a set of printing options that define the appearance of the printed view.
// view obj
// view id
Related sample: Datatable
You can easily configure printing settings by passing an object with necessary options as a second parameter of the print() method.
There are common options for all widgets and specific options for data components.
Common options for all widgets
- paper (string) - paper size. Possible values are "a3", "a4" (default), "letter"
- mode (string) - page orientation. Possible values are "portrait" (default), "landscape"
- margin (number, object) - margin for printed pages, can be of two types:
- number - to set the same margin from all sides
- object - with any of the properties: top, right, bottom, left containing number to set margins separately
- docHeader (string) - document header on the first page before the printed view (independent of the browser print header)
- docFooter (string) - document footer on the last page after the printed view (independent of the browser print header).
Related sample: Wide Datatable
Extended options for data components
For all data components
- scroll (boolean) if true, prints only a visible part of a scrolled component. false by default.
Related sample: Dataview
Specific for DataTable, DataView and X-List
- fit (string) - adjusts printed component either to the page width ("page", default), or to the component width ("data").
Related sample: Horizontal List
Specific for DataTable and SpreadSheet
- header (boolean) - renders header for datatable, if exists
- true (default for datatable)
- false (default for spreadsheet)
- skiprows (boolean) - skips empty rows within the datatable. false by default
- borderless (boolean) - removes borders for datatable cells. false by default
- trim - (boolean) - removes empty rows and columns on the edges of datatable. The possible values are:
- true (default for spreadsheet)
- false (default for datatable).
Specific for DataTable only
- footer (boolean) - renders footer for datatable, if exists. true by default.
Specific for SpreadSheet only
- data (string) - defines which data to print
- "all" - all data from all sheets
- "current" - all data from the current sheet (default)
- "selection" - selected data from the current sheet
- sheetnames (boolean) - renders name of sheets for each table. True by default.
SpreadSheet is equipped with the printing user interface out of the box. Read more about it in the related SpreadSheet documentation.
Configuring Printing Environment
It is possible to specify the desired paper margins for printing by taking into account the rules described below.
We assume that the default ppi (pixel per inch) ratio is equal to 96 and the default
paper margins take 75% of ppi. If you need to define other values for margins, you can change the corresponding env variables:
webix.env.printPPI = 96;
webix.env.printMargin = 96*0.75;
Also, margins can be set via the printing options. The priority is given to margins set via options.
Back to top