Webix offers several layers of functionality:
- a number of UI components from simple buttons to complex solutions;
- data components with various API to store and manage data on the client side;
- data loading and saving API to communicate with the server side;
- solutions for common tasks like data export, priting, localizing, styling, etc.
Back to top
- 1. Rich UI components
- The library supplies over 100 fully customizable components such as Form, Tree, Datatable, Chart etc.
- 2. Adaptive layouts
- Each component is placed into the layout cell that can have fixed, relative or flexible dimensions.
- 3. Possibility to customize components
- Webix provides abundant possibilities in extending existing components and creating new ones.
- 4. Possibility to listen to component events: loading, sorting, clicking, etc.
- Numerous events let you handle or interfere into any action that can happen in the app.
- 5. Possibility to rearrange components on the fly.
- Any component can be added or removed, shown or hidden from the current layout.
- 6. Dynamic fullscreen mode for any component.
- Any component in the current layout can be opened by user in a fullscreen mode.
- 7. Support for localization
- Labels within Webix components, date and number formats can be adjusted to your language and culture.
- 8. Styling with standard CSS
- You can use CSS to style specific components and their items. You can define sizes and padding within JS code.
- 9. Simple integration with server side
- You can integrate Webix with any server-side platform. Besides, there are ready solutions for PHP, .NET, Java.
- 10. Supported data formats: XML, JSON, JsArray, CSV
- You can use your favorite formats to data into components. All popular data formats are supported.
- 11. Dynamically fetching data from the server.
- While working with large datasets, you can load data dynamically to reduce complexity and improve performance. Polling interval and the number of loaded records can be controlled.
- 12. On-the-fly filtering and sorting
- The library offers rich means of filtering and sorting, starting from built-in tools and ending with fully custom filtering and sorting logic.
- 13. Inline editing
- All data components can be edited directly from the UI without the need to create separate forms.
- 14. Drag-and-drop
- Users have the possibility to drag-and-drop items of the components. The library supports drag-and-drop between several components and allows to customize the whole process.
- 15. Copy and paste operations between components
- By common CTRL+C/CTRL+V keyboard shortcuts data can be copied or moved within one or several components.
- 16. Data binding
- One-way binding can be used to connect Form or Template values with component data. Two-way binding can be used to synchronize records of several data
- 17. Paging for big datasets
- Data components can be supplied with customizable pager controls that can be used for either browsing client-side data
or fetching remote data chunk by chunk.
- 18. Export data to Excel, CSV, PNG
- Data from components can be exported into popular formats by API calls.
- 19. Print components
- Webix allows printing any component or app part while adjusting it to the page.
- 20. Rich API
- A full range of API with the detailed descriptions is available.
- 21. Integration with other frameworks and libraries
- Webix provides integration with a number of popular frameworks and libraries: jQuery, AngularJS and Angular, React, Vue.js, Backbone.js and MeteorJS.
- 22. Third-party UI integration extensions
- Webix provides a set of integration extensions that allow you to add third-party tools into an application, e.g. Google, Yandex maps, NicEdit, TinyMCE text editors, Konva, Paper graphic tools,
JustGage, SigmaJS charts, dhtmlxScheduler event calendar, etc.