returns the object of the select area
object getSelectArea(string area_name);
| area_name||string||optional, the name of the select area|
|object||the object of the select area|
Available only in PRO Edition
var area = $$("dtable").getSelectArea();
If the area_name parameter isn't passed, the method returns the last selected area.
The returned object of the select area contains the following parameters:
- start - (object) the id object of the left top cell, contains two parameters: the row id and the column ID;
- end - (object) the id object of the right cell, contains two parameters: the row id and the column ID;
- preserve - (boolean) defines if the previous select area should be saved, false by default;
- area_name - (string) optional, the name used to address to an area to change or to delete it; by default it's generated by the webix.uid() method;
- css - (string) the css style (a class name) for the border of an area. By default, the border of area selection is turquoise (#1CA1C1);
- handle - (boolean) optional, enables/disables a handle for selection area resize (enabled by default).
Back to top